BC public libraries are essential parts of our communities.
- They connect us to our past, inform our present and inspire our future.
- They build our communities through education, entertainment and enrichment.
- They encourage literacy, lifelong learning and enjoyment of reading.
- They help drive the BC economy by offering free information and services to job-seekers and business owners.
- They support informed decision-making with free and open access to library services, materials and programs.
- They are an impartial gathering place, removing the barriers associated with education, technology, culture, economics and physical disadvantage.